We originally set our Polocini Standard as a simple list of what we provide at our events. Over time as we have organised more events and tours, the standard has now become a by-word for the Polocini experience.
At Polocini we aim to provide much more than a sportive but a real event experience for all riders regardless of age or ability. Our rides are about having a great day out with other like minded cyclists.
We provide the following at every event as part of your entry fee (and sometimes more!):-
- All Polocini events have a single price regardless of the route length. Riders can change routes at any time. Even on the road
- All food and drink is included in the entry fee. Check out our Food page.
- A full nutrition package from TORQ to make sure you are correctly fuelled at all times
- All events are run in conjunction with British Cycling Guidelines. See Event Rules page
- All riders are insured through the British Cycling Insurance Scheme
- Entry numbers will be capped at each event to ensure facilities are not oversubscribed
- Free entry for all Under 16’s with a paying adult (subject to completion of a British Cycling Parental Consent Form). See Event Rules page
- Several extra special prize draws. There will be no pointless ‘goody bags’
- Professional photography on the routes by www.cyclesportphotos.com
Any photos or videos taken at the events by our in-house photographer will be available free on our photostream**
At the Event Headquarters
- CAKE, it wouldn’t be a Polocini event without cake!
- Rider village with shelter and bike racks
- Well trained staff and a friendly atmosphere
- Bike set up guidance by www.PedalPrecision.com
- Training and Coaching advice from www.totalcyclecoach.com
- Injury advice and post ride massage from www.summitphysio.co.uk
- Free on-site mechanical support
- Nutritional advice by The Sports Lounge
On the Road
- Our routes are designed to flow from start to finish. There are no unnecessary roads to make a route a set distance.
- A Motorcycle outrider rides out ahead of the event to make sure there are no missing signs or road hazards
- Instead of chip timing we use the STRAVA system. Check out our Timing page for details.
- Clear and concise signage (with a few extra special Polocini signs!)
- Back up route maps/cards in case you take a wrong turn
- Well stocked feed stations located in conjunction with CNP Nutrition to ensure riders are properly fuelled at all times
- Support vehicle
**Polocini reserves the right to use any photos taken at the event for marketing purposes. We will not publish any photos of under 16’s without the parent/guardians permission.